What is Banner Advertising?
Banner ads are small rectangular ad appears on all kinds of websites and vary considerably in appearance and content, but they share a basic function: “If you click on them, your Internet browser will take you to the advertiser’s website. ”
little HTML code instructs the server to bring a particular website when the user clicks on a specific piece of text. Banner ads are essentially the same, except that instead of text, the link appears in a box containing graphics (usually text elements) and sometimes animation.
For a graphic element, a banner ad is somewhat similar to traditional ad you would see in printed form, such as a newspaper or magazine, but it has the added ability to bring potential customers directly to the advertiser’s website. This is something like touching the printed ad and being immediately teleported to store advertiser! A banner ad also differs from a print ad in the dynamic capabilities. It stays in one place on the page, such as a magazine ad, but it can present many pictures, including animation and change the face of many other ways.
Types of Banner Ads
As print ads, banner ads come in various shapes and sizes. The Internet Advertising Bureau (IAB) specifies eight different banner sizes, according to pixel size. A pixel is the smallest unit of color is used to make up images on a computer or television screen. The IAB’s standard banner sizes are:
1. 480 x 60 pixels (Full Banner)
2. 392 X 72 pixels (Full Banner with vertical navigation bar)
3 . 234 x 60 pixels (Half Banner)
4. 120 X 240 Pixels (vertical banner)
5. 125 X 125 Pixels (square button)
6 125 X 90 pixels (Button 1)
7 125 x 60 pixels (Button 2)
8. 88 X 31 pixels (Micro Button)
The full banner (468 x 60) is by far the most popular, but you will see all of these changes on the site. These are not the only banner ad shapes and sizes, whether they are a good representation of the range of common banner. There is no comprehensive file size constraint for banner ads, but most Web sites impose their own limits on memory size, usually something like 12k to 16k. This is because the tape improve the overall size of the page they appear; increasing the time it takes for the browser to load the page.
As you’ve probably noticed while surfing the Web, actual graphic content, or creative, varies among the banners. The simplest banner ads are only one, static GIF or JPEG image, which is linked to the advertiser’s website. More common is the GIF-animated banner ad, which shows different images in succession, sometimes to create the effect of animated motion. Then there are rich media banner ads – ads that use audio, video or Java and Shockwave programming. These banners, which usually have a large file size, are often interactive beyond simple linking their work
How to perform Banner Advertising :.
The design simple banner ad is not so difficult. For example, to create an image for advertising code looks like this:
In short, the same as a simple link creation. Also GIF banners are not much more complicated. We can also use high quality advertisement media. We can use professional help to design advertising for us. Now we can get a professional banner ad for $ 50 or you can spend up to $ 1,000
To make the banners of our efficient, we can also use some of the following methods :.
If the page takes too long to load, a lot of visitors will go to another page
Alternatively, you can use the following ten tips to make advertising more effective
1. Learn the best examples online. When designing creative pieces such as banner ads, start by best banners that you’ve seen.
2. To be clear graphics and messages. The main goal is to have people take a particular action after viewing the ad. A strong, clear message will help capture their interest. Clear communication requires that you understand the message, what you are selling and the benefits you offer to potential customers.
3. Control size. To minimize user frustration, you need to limit the size of the ad. The general rule is 468 x 60 pixel banner should be 12 kilobytes or less. The easiest way to accomplish this is to limit the number of colors you use and save the table as an animated GIF file.
4. Say it in seven words or less. This is especially important for the banner campaign, where you are limited to a small visual space. Use fewer words means that you can make the font size larger, which increases the impact of the message.
5. Use the power of words. These are single words that immediately communicate the data. “Free”, “amazing”, “incredible”, “affordable,” “heartwarming” -. Brainstorming sessions will help you to create a list of words that are perfect for your campaign
6. Choose the images carefully. Adding visuals is like cooking with spices. Too few will lead to a moderate level, but too many will spend the desired effect. If you want to add eye-catching graphics, royalty free photography is a cheap alternative.
7. Use reverse to attract attention. Your ad will likely include these elements: background, bold message and photo or drawing and animated. To be successful you need to have the contrast between these factors. Contrast can be achieved by using different font sizes and the Bold and colors.
8. Limit the use of fonts. If you use two or more fonts be sure to choose fonts from different categories. There are three basic font Category :. Serif (who have little “feet” of letters), Sans Serif (without decorative “feet”) and decorations (containing highly decorative script or handwriting font)
9. Do not overdo it with animation. If you intend to use the video in the ad, there are a few things to consider. You want the animation to draw the eye without offending the online viewer. When set animation speed, look for something that changes slow to moderate pace. It helps to put the animation so that they stop after three cycles; some sites may require that this.
10. Less really is. As you create the design, remember that less cluttered message will make a greater impact with online viewers. Limit the number of elements – colors, fonts, graphics and words – that you use in the ad and ask yourself if the main message is clear
Web sites for Banner Advertising:
Banner Exchange Programs: These programs offer a simple service. If you publish a certain number of banners on your site, they will send your banner ad on another page. Usually, this is not even time; you need to send more than one banner ad for every one of your banner ads they publish. This is how the exchange program makes a profit. Their arrangement gives them more Banner Ad space than the actual tape that they have to put its members, so they can sell extra Banner Ad spaces to advertisers pay
buy advertising space :. We can also buy banner advertising space to place our ads and to do what we can use various sites
Selling Advertising Space :. Sell banner advertising space is a great way to use your site’s traffic to generate revenue, but it can be a little tricky. The easiest option is to participate in the Banner Ad Network, which will employ advertisers, keep track of your income, and control banner ad placement on your site. In exchange for this service, the network will take a hefty percentage of the advertising money generated by commercial space. If your site gets a lot of traffic, more than 100,000 impressions per month, you should be able to participate in the CPM program is a good Banner Network.
How much money you could make a banner advertising network? Most networks are selling “run of site” ads for advertisers, and they are getting something like $ 5 per thousand impressions for ads. Then the net between 30% and 50% of the $ 5 that the canal. Therefore, you might expect to earn something like 0.3 cents per impression that appears on your website, or $ 3 per thousand impressions. If your site generates 100,000 impressions per month, you can expect to receive a check for $ 300 every month. If you are getting paid per click, you could get anywhere from 3 cents to 20 cents per click. 5 cents could be the typical average. If you get a 1% click rate and you have 100,000 impressions per month, which means you can expect to get $ 50 a month.